May 7, 2014 by Welcome to the Jungle
by Ainslee M.
1. This advertisement is about Heinz Ketchup. This advertisement says that “No one grows Ketchup like Heinz.” This is saying that Heinz is unique and the taste cannot be copied or recreated.
2. The red background gradually gets darker as you go from bottom to top. The words on the ketchup bottle are always on the brighter tomato slices, the darker ones are the plain slices.
3. This advertisement does not have much of a social message. However, it could be considered a bit devious. The bottle is made of tomato slices which are staggered which is definitely not the way that ketchup bottles are normally shown.
4. The font is standard and would be considered to be masculine as the letters are slightly block-like with no serifs. There is a bit of a double entendre/play on words. The script says “No one grows Ketchup like Heinz” this is a play on words because the bottle is made up of tomato slices, which are grown, and they are saying that no one makes (grows) ketchup like Heinz does.
5. There are not any weasel words present.
6. This ad gets your attention because of all the colour red present, which also helps to keep your interest. The unique way of showing the bottle also helps to grab your attention. Although I believe this is a great ad it does not personally make me desire Heinz Ketchup.